Strawberry Cheesecake Blizzard THM-Fuel-Pull
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. I am also an official THM Affiliate and am earning a percentage off of links used in the above content that may link directly to the THM online store. This is at no cost to you. Please see my Affiliate Disclosure for more information.
Strawberry Cheesecake Blizzard is rich and creamy but without the carbs or fat!
What’s not to love about strawberry cheesecake? Well, maybe that it usually has to be saved as a rare special treat due to being so high fat/calorie. Or that it’s not the quickest or easiest dessert to make. But now you can have instant gratification with a sugar-free and low-carb Strawberry Cheesecake Blizzard! It’s even low-fat enough to be THM-Fuel-Pull! 🙌
WHAT’S A BLIZZARD?
This recipe is basically an instant ice cream/soft-serve that you make in your blender! I have several other flavors, too – like Cookies and Cream, PB Cup, Pumpkin Spice Latte Chip, Mocha Chip, and Mint Chip! It reminds me of the DQ Blizzards I loved as a kid, but is actually healthy and can be enjoyed in any THM fuel type (except Deep S). It’s amazingly thick, creamy and satisfying, but without the sugar, fat or carbs. And high-protein, to boot!
It’s filling, too! Personally, I usually just make a half recipe at a time, and have alongside a veggie-filled/lean protein salad, and that’s plenty for me!
What Makes the Strawberry Cheesecake Blizzard so Rich and Creamy?
The secret to this creamy, satisfying Blizzard is Laughing Cow Light Cheese (LCLC) wedges. Cheese isn’t typically a THM-FP ingredient since it’s usually too high in fat. But LCLC is only 1.5g fat per wedge and is amazingly rich and creamy, much like cream cheese (which is the main ingredient of cheesecake). This Blizzard uses 2 wedges of LCLC and stays below the 5g fat limit for THM-FP.
Nonfat Greek yogurt is also added to this Blizzard to compliment the LCLC, in supplying a little extra tang, creaminess, protein, and probiotics.
Low-Carb and Bursting with Strawberry Flavor
This Blizzard also uses frozen strawberries (I use organic frozen strawberries from Costco) with optional Sugar-free Strawberry Jam on top or stirred-in. Also, the addition of fresh lemon juice helps enhance the strawberry flavor so that just a small amount of frozen strawberries are needed, which keeps the net carbs below the 10g limit in THM-FP.
For an even creamier blizzard, add gelatin!
I recently discovered that gelatin makes these blizzards even creamier (and doesn’t add any fat or carbs)! To prepare the gelatin, take a small ramekin or cup and pour-in 2 TBS of unsweetened almond milk. Slowly whisk-in 1-2 tsp of powdered gelatin (I use 1 tsp Great Lakes gelatin for a half-recipe). Allow to “bloom” for a few minutes. Then take another ramekin/cup and put the other 2 TBS of unsweetened almond milk in it and put in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Then pour hot almond milk into the gelatin mixture to “melt” it. Stir until there are no lumps.
To add to the blizzard, first blend the other ingredients (except ice and glucomannan) and then, with blender on, pour in the gelatin mixture. Then add glucomannan and then ice and so on, as recipe dictates.
Strawberry Cheesecake Blizzard THM-Fuel-PullCourse: THM-Fuel-Pull, Snack, DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Satisfy your craving for cheesecake with this Strawberry Cheesecake Blizzard. It’s sugar-free, high-protein, low-carb, and even low-fat enough to be THM-Fuel-Pull!
1/2 cup frozen strawberries
1/4 cup low-fat cottage cheese (I use Daisy 2%)
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/4 cup pasteurized egg whites* (I use Kirkland or Sam’s brands)
2 – 3 TBS sweetener (I use Lakanto Golden)
2 TBS nonfat Greek yogurt
2 wedges of Laughing Cow Light Cheese
1 TBS whey protein isolate
1/2 tsp glucomannan (added with blender on high to prevent clumping)
1/4 – 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (to taste)
1/4 tsp butter extract (optional – but gives more richness)
4 – 8 drops liquid stevia (or other sweetener, optional, to taste)
Squeeze of fresh lemon to taste (optional, but enhances strawberry flavor)
Sea salt (to taste)
1.5 – 2 cups ice (or to preferred thickness)
Sugar-free Strawberry Jam on top or stirred-in (optional)
- Add all the blizzard ingredients except the glucomannan and ice to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- With blender on high, add the glucomannan and blend until creamy.
- Add ice. This will be very thick so you may have to stir around a little to help break down all the ice.
- When it’s your preferred consistency, taste test and adjust flavors if needed.
- Then pour into glass/jar and top and/or stir-in sugar free strawberry jam.
- This is best eaten right away as it is mostly made of ice. Enjoy!
- The macro breakdown is 224 calories, 9.8g net carbs, 4.9g fat, and 27g protein.
- I do not recommend using raw egg whites; only use pasteurized liquid egg whites. Most liquid egg whites sold in stores is pasteurized (but check the label). Raw egg whites can contain pathogens and also contain something called Avidin (which can lead to biotin deficiency). But pasteurized egg whites are safe to use right out of the carton and help make this Blizzard thick and creamy (and high protein). For more info, read this.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories224
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 2.5g 10%
- Protein 27g 54%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
You might also like:
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.