No-Bake Cookies THM-Fuel-Pull Low-carb Sugar-free
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. I am also an official THM Affiliate and am earning a percentage off of links used in the above content that may link directly to the THM online store. This is at no cost to you. Please see my Affiliate Disclosure for more information.
Just like the no-bake cookies from childhood but low-carb, low-fat, sugar-free, gluten-free, and high-protein. And they’re even THM-Fuel-Pull!
These remind me so much of the no-bake cookies I use to make with my mom as a kid. They were our family’s go-to cookies and we never got tired of them. But, of course, the ones we had as kids were full of white sugar and carbs. They were also very calorie-rich, made with both butter and peanut butter.
With Trim Healthy Mama, sugar is of course off-plan but, while oats (carbs), peanut butter (fat), and butter (fat) are technically on-plan, these ingredients together are considered a “crossover” and could lead to weight-gain. So I wanted to find a way to make these no bake cookies where they’re low enough in both fat and carbs to be considered a Fuel-Pull (and could be enjoyed in any fuel setting, with the exception of Deep-S) but still have the protein (and actually more protein, in fact, thanks to the added whey protein isolate and the defatted peanut flour/powder in them) and that rich chocolatey chewiness of the no-bakes that I remember from my childhood. Oh, and they needed to be simple to make, too. Well, here ya go! These really have it all!
No-Bake Cookies THM-Fuel-Pull Low-carb Sugar-freeRecipe by blissfullypreparedCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Just like the no-bakes you remember from childhood but healthy, low-carb, low-fat, sugar-free, gluten-free, and high-protein. And they’re even THM-Fuel-Pull!
3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup sweetener (I use Lakanto Golden)
1/2 cup defatted peanut flour/powder (I use Trader Joe’s brand)
1/4 cup whey protein isolate
1/4 cup cocoa (I use Rodelle dutch-processed cocoa)
8 squares Baker’s unsweetened baking chocolate (100% cacoa)
1-1/2 cups quick oats (I use Quaker Gluten-free)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp butter extract (optional)
- In a sauce pan, stir together the milk, sweetener, peanut flour/powder, whey protein, cocoa, sea salt and extract(s) until smooth.
- In microwave, melt the baking chocolate and set aside.
- Start heating the sauce pan ingredients while stirring frequently with whisk.
- When sauce thickens (don’t let it burn!), remove from heat and stir in the melted baking chocolate.
- Then stir the quick oats and mix thoroughly.
- Scoop out balls of cookie dough onto parchment paper. Shape into cookie-like shapes. Should make 20 cookies. Cool in fridge or freezer until hardened then enjoy!
- Each cookie is: 66 calories, 2.4g fat, 4.4g net carbs, and 5.5g protein. So you can eat 2 cookies as a Fuel-Pull snack (assuming no other fats in meal).
- Collagen peptides could be substituted for the whey protein isolate to make dairy-free.
20 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories66
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 1.4g 6%
- Protein 5.5g 11%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
You may also like:
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.